Securing Investment: Greenways and Walking Trails, Mayo County Council
With growing awareness and popularity of outdoor activities, there is a need to continually invest in new infrastructure to meet the needs of visitors now and into the future while staying relevant with existing customers and market expectations.
Mayo County Council is a leader in the provision of pioneering outdoor visitor and recreation infrastructure including Greenways and Walking Trails. They recognise the value of investing in the county’s heritage and cultural attractions.
First Western worked with Mayo County Council and their partners such as Coillte, National Parks and Wildlife Service and other local authorities to:
- Develop a long range strategy for investment and development of visitor recreation infrastructure
- Prepared successful funding proposals and business plans to national and EU funding sources to secure investment
- Prepare economic appraisals and business cases to support the funding bids and business plans
- Prepared international and domestic marketing and sales plans
- Developed feasibility and scoping studies to provide a baseline and rationale for investment in these projects